- The Beef lose in Overtime
- The Beef fight for their playoff lives
- VETERANS & ACTIVE DUTY FREE TICKETS
- FLASH SALE!
- The Beef get their first road win
- The Beef look to get their 1st road win
- Military Appreciation Night Announced
- The Beef look to extend their win streak against Sioux City
- The Beef cruise past the Steamwheelers
- The Beef take on the Steamwheelers
The Beef drop their 2nd straight game
- Updated: March 24, 2018
In a defensive battle, the Omaha Beef fall to the Sioux City Bandits 33-30 in a hard-fought game.
John Gibbs and the Beef offense got off to a rough start turning the ball over on downs on the first three of four possessions
After a 25-yard pass from Liam Nadler to TJ Oates for a touchdown, Gibbs was able to respond with a 19-yard rushing touchdown with a missed extra-point by Tucker Milliken.
Sioux City kicker Greg Conry successfully kicked a 54-yard field goal and added three more field goals to eventually lead the Bandits to a three-point victory.
Gibbs and Jeff Mack lead the Beef offense with a combined 114 rushing yards and three touchdowns while the Beef defense was able to limit Sioux City to only 146 total yards and caused one turnover with a Tiyun Avery interception.
In the fourth quarter Karsman Johnson had two key tackles for loss with one being on a forth and inches. Milliken kicked a 20-yard field goal to give the Beef the lead with 2:30 left in the fourth.
Sioux City responded with a one play touchdown pass from Nadler to Brandon Sheperd to give the led back to 33-30. The Beef were able to drive down the field, but because of an incomplete pass on fourth down, the comeback lost life.
The Beef drop to 1-2 on the season heading into the bye week before they head back on the road to Bismarck.