- The Beef lose in Overtime
- The Beef fight for their playoff lives
- VETERANS & ACTIVE DUTY FREE TICKETS
- FLASH SALE!
- The Beef get their first road win
- The Beef look to get their 1st road win
- Military Appreciation Night Announced
- The Beef look to extend their win streak against Sioux City
- The Beef cruise past the Steamwheelers
- The Beef take on the Steamwheelers
The Beef come up short on the road
- Updated: May 21, 2018
The Omaha Beef lost on the road to the Quad Cities Steamwheelers 58-36. The Beef finished the season 1-5 on the road and need to win the next two games at home, to have a shot at the playoffs.
Omaha got off to a rough start turning the ball over on the first two drives. There was also a kick return for a touchdown by Chris Perry that was called back. It was 21-7 at the end of the first quarter and the Steamwheelers never looked back. Omaha, who has one of the best rushing attacks and does a good job stopping the run, wasn’t able to establish the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The injury to Karsman Johnson has been a big loss for the Beef defensive line. He is one of the key disruptors on the line leading the team in tackles for loss (7). Omaha ended up with only 17 rushing attempts for 23 yards, with John Gibbs receiving nine of those carries. A team who is third in the CIF in rushing, found themselves not being able to find any running lanes throughout the game.
The Beef will be back home at the Slaughterhouse Saturday, May 26th, at 7:05 p.m. Omaha has played good at home (3-1) and their only lose came to rival Sioux City, who they will play Saturday Night.
writeup (DK Kellum & Harrison Popp)