- The Beef lose in Overtime
- The Beef fight for their playoff lives
- VETERANS & ACTIVE DUTY FREE TICKETS
- FLASH SALE!
- The Beef get their first road win
- The Beef look to get their 1st road win
- Military Appreciation Night Announced
- The Beef look to extend their win streak against Sioux City
- The Beef cruise past the Steamwheelers
- The Beef take on the Steamwheelers
Second Half Surge Propels Omaha To A 42-37 Victory
- Updated: March 11, 2018
Second half surge propels Omaha to a 42-37 victory.
Quarterback Anthony Iannotti started the game for the Beef with two first half touchdowns to Chris Perry and Daniel McKinney. Then Iannotti threw an interception and lost a fumble in the redzone to give Salina life.
The Salina Liberty was able to score 10 points by half to cut the lead to four, 14-10. The Liberty then scored 24 unanswered points. Their largest lead was by 10. Quarterback Derrick Bernard led Salina with his legs and arm and the Beef appeared to have no answer.
Backup quarterback John Gibbs replaced Iannotti in the 2nd half. Gibbs and the Beef offense struggled to find their rhythm early in the 3rd quarter. Gibbs threw an interception seven minutes into the quarter, but was able maintain his composure.
The turning point for Omaha was Gibbs’ cross-field 24-yard run early in the 4th quarter. The Beef regained the lead 31-28 after the play.
After the Liberty answered with a go-ahead touchdown, leading 37-35 with 25 seconds remaining, Gibbs completed the game-winning 47-yard touchdown to Jamall Williams.
The Omaha Beef move to 1-0 on the season and will travel to Kansas City to face the Phantoms next Friday on March 16.
For tickets starting at only $10, call 800-440-3741 or click TinyURL.com/BeefTix