- Get to know Head Coach Victor Mann
- 2018 Season Tickets On Sale Now!
- Omaha Beef rally past Sioux City to earn spot in CIF championship game
- Beef to Host Home Playoff Game June 10th
- Bandits use late sneak to end Beef’s four-game winning streak
- Two late touchdowns rally Beef past Phantoms
- Benny Hanaphy Wins Special Teams Player of the Week!
- Omaha Beef hold on as Salina misses last-second field goal
- Beef outlast Ironmen to pick up third win of the season
- Beef can’t catch up with Bandits in overtime loss
Omaha Beef withstand Bloomington’s late rally
- Updated: March 21, 2017
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. — Calvin Phillips scored the deciding touchdown and recovered a Bloomington onside kick attempt to preserve Omaha’s 55-50 win over the Edge on Saturday.
With 1:02 remaining in the game, Phillips scored an 8-yard touchdown to give the Beef (2-1) a 55-38 lead.
But the Edge (2-1) scored a touchdown less than 30 seconds later, then blocked an Omaha field goal attempt and returned it for a touchdown.
The Edge missed two-point attempts on both touchdowns, keeping the Omaha lead at five.
But Phillips’ recovered the onside attempt and ran out the clock for the win.
Beef quarterback Anthony Iannotti scored four rushing touchdowns.
The Beef will host Sioux City on March 31 at Ralston Arena.