- VETERANS & ACTIVE DUTY FREE TICKETS
- FLASH SALE!
- The Beef get their first road win
- The Beef look to get their 1st road win
- Military Appreciation Night Announced
- The Beef look to extend their win streak against Sioux City
- The Beef cruise past the Steamwheelers
- The Beef take on the Steamwheelers
- Omaha Beef vs Corey Ross Led Steamwheelers
- The Beef avenge their week 2 loss against the Phantoms
Omaha Beef hold on as Salina misses last-second field goal
- Updated: May 3, 2017
SALINA, Kan. — Salina kicker Pete Smith’s 40-yard field-goal attempt sailed wide left as time expired, giving Omaha a 26-23 Champions Indoor Football victory Saturday.
Tied 23-23, Benny Hanaphy hit his fourth field goal of the game — what turned out to be the winner — with 52 seconds remaining for the Beef (4-3).
The Liberty started quickly, taking a 16-3 in the second quarter. But Omaha’s defense tightened up, allowing one more touchdown and picking up an interception and a goal-line stand in the third quarter.
The Beef took their first lead of the game at 20-16 when Chuck Wright completed a deep pass to Jordan Boykin for a touchdown.
Omaha returns home to Ralston Arena on Saturday, hosting Kansas City at 7:05 p.m.