- Omaha Beef Announce 2018 Open Tryout
- Get to know Head Coach Victor Mann
- 2018 Season Tickets On Sale Now!
- Omaha Beef rally past Sioux City to earn spot in CIF championship game
- Beef to Host Home Playoff Game June 10th
- Bandits use late sneak to end Beef’s four-game winning streak
- Two late touchdowns rally Beef past Phantoms
- Benny Hanaphy Wins Special Teams Player of the Week!
- Omaha Beef hold on as Salina misses last-second field goal
- Beef outlast Ironmen to pick up third win of the season
Omaha Beef hold on as Salina misses last-second field goal
- Updated: May 3, 2017
SALINA, Kan. — Salina kicker Pete Smith’s 40-yard field-goal attempt sailed wide left as time expired, giving Omaha a 26-23 Champions Indoor Football victory Saturday.
Tied 23-23, Benny Hanaphy hit his fourth field goal of the game — what turned out to be the winner — with 52 seconds remaining for the Beef (4-3).
The Liberty started quickly, taking a 16-3 in the second quarter. But Omaha’s defense tightened up, allowing one more touchdown and picking up an interception and a goal-line stand in the third quarter.
The Beef took their first lead of the game at 20-16 when Chuck Wright completed a deep pass to Jordan Boykin for a touchdown.
Omaha returns home to Ralston Arena on Saturday, hosting Kansas City at 7:05 p.m.