- Omaha Beef vs Corey Ross Led Steamwheelers
- The Beef avenge their week 2 loss against the Phantoms
- The Beef host the Phantoms
- The Beef lose to the Liberty
- The Beef look for their 2nd win on the road
- Beef lose on the road to Bismarck
- The Beef battle the Bucks
- Jr Prime & Rump Dance Camp
- Remaining 4 Game Pack $pecial
- The Beef drop their 2nd straight game
Beef outlast Ironmen to pick up third win of the season
- Updated: April 17, 2017
Both Omaha and Western Michigan struggled to take control from the start of Saturday’s matchup at the Slaughterhouse, but when it came time to close, the Beef had a firm hold, topping the Ironmen 30-28.
Quarterback Anthony Iannotti started the scoring for Omaha with a 19-yard touchdown scramble in the first quarter. After the Ironmen answered with back-to-back scores, Iannotti would find Andrew King wide open in the end zone to knot the game at 14.
The Ironmen would regain the lead in the in the third quarter, rushing up the middle on a fourth-and-goal. But a Calvin Phillips touchdown run and a Benny Hanaphy field goal gave Omaha the lead for good.
With Omaha up 24-21 in the fourth, the defense forced a pair of turnovers — a fumble recovery by Cody Kottich and an interception by Paul Robinson — to put the Beef in a position to put the game away.
That’s exactly what they did
Western Michigan would make it interesting, scoring with about 30 seconds left, but Omaha recovered the onside kick and ran out the clock to improve to (3-2) on the season and take over second place in the Northern Division.
Your Omaha Beef are back in action this Thursday on the road in Bismarck, North Dakota where they will take on the (2-4) Bismarck Bucks! Join us at the Regency Lodge this Thursday at 7:05 to help cheer on your Omaha Beef from the viewing party!