- The Beef lose in Overtime
- The Beef fight for their playoff lives
- VETERANS & ACTIVE DUTY FREE TICKETS
- FLASH SALE!
- The Beef get their first road win
- The Beef look to get their 1st road win
- Military Appreciation Night Announced
- The Beef look to extend their win streak against Sioux City
- The Beef cruise past the Steamwheelers
- The Beef take on the Steamwheelers
Beef can’t catch up with Bandits in overtime loss
- Updated: April 5, 2017
Omaha trailed for nearly the entirety of Friday night’s home matchup with Sioux City.
And despite falling 63-56, the Beef made it more than interesting down the stretch.
Omaha used a six-yard jet sweep by wide receiver Jonathan Ray to take its first lead, 48-47, with 1:58 remaining. After rapid-fire scoring in the closing moments, a Sioux City field goal with two seconds left would send the game to overtime.
Omaha won the overtime coin toss, but that’d be its last victory of the night.
The Bandits used a quick touchdown by Dominique Carson to go ahead. After flipping the field, Sioux City forced Omaha into a third-down situation and the Beef threw a game-ending interception.
Omaha, which fell behind 13-0 to open the game, trailed by as many as 16 points.