- Get to know Head Coach Victor Mann
- 2018 Season Tickets On Sale Now!
- Omaha Beef rally past Sioux City to earn spot in CIF championship game
- Beef to Host Home Playoff Game June 10th
- Bandits use late sneak to end Beef’s four-game winning streak
- Two late touchdowns rally Beef past Phantoms
- Benny Hanaphy Wins Special Teams Player of the Week!
- Omaha Beef hold on as Salina misses last-second field goal
- Beef outlast Ironmen to pick up third win of the season
- Beef can’t catch up with Bandits in overtime loss
Beef can’t catch up with Bandits in overtime loss
- Updated: April 5, 2017
Omaha trailed for nearly the entirety of Friday night’s home matchup with Sioux City.
And despite falling 63-56, the Beef made it more than interesting down the stretch.
Omaha used a six-yard jet sweep by wide receiver Jonathan Ray to take its first lead, 48-47, with 1:58 remaining. After rapid-fire scoring in the closing moments, a Sioux City field goal with two seconds left would send the game to overtime.
Omaha won the overtime coin toss, but that’d be its last victory of the night.
The Bandits used a quick touchdown by Dominique Carson to go ahead. After flipping the field, Sioux City forced Omaha into a third-down situation and the Beef threw a game-ending interception.
Omaha, which fell behind 13-0 to open the game, trailed by as many as 16 points.